Here are some breastfeeding tips that i would like to share from my experience:
1. Set your goal and start with a good intention like to breastfeed your baby until two years old..as stated in the holy book, Al-Quran.
2. Be positive, be strong especially mentally. Never ever give up. Get fully support from your other half.
3. Read a lot about breastmilk and breastfeeding. Join Susuibu.com and Babycenter.co.uk website to get many tips and information.
4. Buy a good breastpump and do a lot of pumping and direct breastfeeding whenever your baby demands to produce more milk.
5. Try and error food until you find the milk booster. (Like me, rice, fish, dates, milk, milo, sayur sawi and tauge are the booster. ;))
6. Take booster supplements too. I used to take esp, alfalfa from Shaklee.
7. Wear nursing bra and tops for easy breastfeeding anytime and anywhere..
8. Get a nursing pillow and nursing cover. For me i only use my jacket or baby;s blanket to cover the aurah.
9. Pray to be istiqomah, be happy and tawakkal.
In shaa Allah hope it helps more or less. Good luck! :)
I really miss breastfeeding, i do! I could not forget the moment of nursing my baby any time and anywhere i go. So precious! And the most heavenly is I could also eat as much as I could without worrying about gaining weight and no need to get up from bed to make milk during night time. What a bliss! ;)
Since I've stopped breastfeeding six weeks ago, i've gained weight! Huwaa..me no likey! I had not gotten use with any diet/exercise while i was breastfeeding so i guess i better start doing it now. Huhu.
|breastfeeding during boarding on a train from Salzburg to Prague in last April..|
Once i stopped breastfeeding zafri, hubby had to put him on sleep at night during the first week. When he woke up in the middle of night and cried for milk, I reminded him that my B's 'bleeding' ( i put the red food colouring ;)) he quickly understood and just slept in my arms. It was so emotional seeing him at that time but i had to..:(
But now he sleeps through the night with me without tugging my shirt anymore, i guess he just and still wants to be close to me. Actually all my kids are still 'berebut' to sleep in my arms. Hehe We have a special bonding, me likey! Alhamdulillah..^^
Zafri's not actually a picky eater so it helps alot at the beginning..I just gave him any food and drinks or activities to distract him from breastfeeding. It worked! hehe. But lately, he ate less but play more..He's very very active hence he's getting slim now. huhu. But as long as he's happy and healthy..i'm not too worried.
|My beautiful family.. killing time during 5 hours train journey :D|
I would like to thank hubby for all his endless love and support too. Alhamdulillah. Thank you Sayang!! You're so wonderful husband and dad! We love you so much!! ;)
To Zahin, Iris and Zafri, ummi and babah love you very very much. :) And I've tried my best to give all of you the best milk which is breastmilk. It's not expensive, we saved alot though..Alhamdulillah..Hopefully, you will grow up healthily, wisely and beautifully. Also may Allay always protect, bless and guide all of you to the right path. Amin ya rabbal alamin..
Till then wassalam.